Buckie Thistle v Fraserburgh (Morrison Motors Aberdeenshire Shield Final)


Keith v Deveronvale


Keith U21 v Turriff United U21


Keith U21 v Stonehaven U21


Keith v Fraserburgh (Breedon Highland League)

Breedon Scottish Highland Football League, Keith v Fraserburgh, Saturday 3rd December 2022

The Broch started on the front foot with Connor Wood having the first shot at goal on 2 minutes over the crossbar. Four minutes later Logan Watt saw his effort from inside the penalty area deflected wide and from a Scott Barbour corner William West headed over after 9 minutes.

The visitors continued to create good chances with Sean Butcher and Greg Buchan combining to set up Watt, but the young midfielder saw his effort well saved by Craig Reid. Keith were dangerous on the break though and after a poor clearance by Kieran Simpson the ball broke to Kieran Mooney from Demilade Yunus, but the young winger drove the ball over from a good position.

The broke took the lead on 16 minutes with a goal of simplicity. West’s throw-in from the left found Paul Young in space and he drilled the ball past Reid from 20 yards. Three minutes later Keith almost levelled when Yunus chipped the ball into the box, but James Brownie headed off the crossbar. The Broch had one final chance before the break when Connor Wood played in West on the left his cross was met by Butcher’s head, but he could not direct the effort on target.

Half Time: Keith 0 Fraserburgh 1

The home side started the second half with a bang when Mooney rounded Joe Barbour to fire the ball home. Butcher went close with a header on 54 minutes after clever work between Young and Barbour set him up. Keith took the lead on 62 minutes after Mooney went on a mazy dribble before pulling the ball back for Yunus to slam the ball past Barbour into the net.

Mooney was tormenting the Broch defence and a ball in behind the centre halves saw the Keith youngster fire in a shot which just fizzed wide of Barbour’s far post. The Broch got a lifeline on 71 minutes when Young was pulled back inside the box, but Butcher’s penalty was too precise, and Reid made an easy save.

The visitors levelled on 78 minutes after a cross fell to him inside the Keith box and he lashed a left footer high into the net. After a raft of substitutions, the Broch had one last chance, but Ryan Sargent saw his shot blocked and Keith held on for a deserved draw.

Full Time: Keith 2 Fraserburgh 2

Keith: Craig Reid, Lewis Coull, Kieran Yeats, Rhys Thomas, Stewart Hutcheon, Nazam Abdulkarim, Kieran Mooney (Michael Ironside 86), James Brownie, Demilade Yunus (Joe Wilson 88), Connor Killoh, Liam Duncan (Matthew Tough 77).
Subs not used: Ryan Robertson, Kyle Irvine.
Goalscorer: Kieran Mooney (48), Demilade Yunus (62).

Fraserburgh: Joe Barbour, Ross Aitken, William West (Callum Kelly 87), Bryan Hay, Kieran Simpson, Paul Young, Greg Buchan, Sean Butcher, Connor Wood (Zane Laird 77), Logan Watt (Ryan Sargent 66), Scott Barbour.
Subs not used: Kyle Wood, Paul Leask.
Goalscorer: Paul Young (16), Scott Barbour (78).

Match Officials – Referee: Harry Bruce, Assistant Referees: Rhys Jones & Megan McKay.



Keith v Turriff United


Keith v Buckie Thistle


Keith v Nairn County


Keith U21 v Fraserburgh U21 (GPH Builders Merchants Aberdeenshire League)

GPH Builders Merchants Aberdeenshire League, Keith v Fraserburgh, Monday 24th October 2022

Callum Kelly had the Broch’s first attempt at goal on 9 minutes which went wide. Nathan McKeown then tested Paul Leask with an effort on 20 minutes which the veteran keeper did well to save. Three minutes later Flynn McKay saw a shot tipped away by Matthew Cook in the Keith goal.

After McKay and Jake Garden were booked in quick succession, Logan Watt saw a free kick deflected wide. Ethan Sutherland replaced the injured Ricky Milne on 41 minutes and almost scored immediately nodding over Zane Laird’s cross. A minute later the Broch did take the lead when Laird raced onto a short backpass to round Cook and score.

Half Time: Keith 0 Fraserburgh 1

Laird went close again on 48 minutes, this time Cook did well to save. The Keith keeper could do nothing on 56 minutes however when Laird’s thunderous effort crashed in off the keeper’s hands. Both team made substitutions before Laird went close again taking a pass from Jamie Maclellan in stride before seeing his net bound shot deflected wide.

Watt and Sutherland were both booked as the game ebbed and flowed. Liam Duncan went close for the home side with a free kick on 75 minutes and two minutes later he converted a penalty after Leask had fouled inside the penalty area. Duncan went close again on 86 minutes but Leask saved comfortably and Cory Booth had the final chance for an equaliser but pulled his shot wide on 87 minutes.

Full Time: Keith 1 Fraserburgh 2

Keith: Matthew Cook, Josh Anderson, Lewis Coull, Arron Christie, Kian McCredie, Michael Ironside, Liam Duncan, Nathan McKeown, Cory Booth, Finlay Milton, Aiden Collin.
Subs not used: Aedan Gray, Ryan Morrison, Elliot Wills.
Goalscorer: Liam Duncan (77, penalty).

Fraserburgh: Paul Leask, Jake Garden, Joshua Hawkins, Kyle Wood, Dylan Robertson, Jamie Maclellan, Ricky Milne (Ethan Sutherland 42), Logan Watt (Kai Benson 70), Callum Kelly (Nicol Dall 81), Flynn McKay (Stuart Laird 59), Zane Laird.
Sub not used: Daniel Cummings
Goalscorer: Zane Laird (45 & 56).

Match Officials – Referee: Stewart Riddoch, Assistant Referees: Will McKay & Stuart Garden.



Keith v Strathspey Thistle